Friends don’t let friends leave the house like this. One of my homegirls mentioned a while ago that I needed to do an underwear tutorial. I had slightly forgot until a few weeks ago at a day party where I saw so many hell noes that this post became an emergency. Here goes.
Choose your outfit first.
Resist the urge to put on underwear and then pick your outfit.
- If you are wearing a heavy fabric such as jeans or something with a lining you have more flexibility. These fabrics rarely allow lines to show. You can often wear underwear with color and texture without any problems.
- If you are wearing a thinner fabric like a bodycon dress/skirt or trousers, seamless is the only way to go.
Decide which style of undergarment fits your needs.
Despite the millions of seamless underwear cuts available, there are four styles that you can not live without.
- Thong/String: For garments where little hold is necessary.
- Brief: Cures any unwanted rear jiggle that one may see with a thong. Must provide full cheek coverage to be effective.
- Boyshort: Used if briefs cause visible lines at the hips.
- Thigh shaper: A must if thigh dimples are present.
Extra tips and tricks.
- Color is important. Stick to nude or black when wearing delicate and semi trasparent garments.
- Find your comfort zone. If thongs are uncomfortable, or boyshorts ride up, don’t wear them. There are other options. Fumbling with underwear all night is never cute or fun.
- A lot of underwear is meant to be pretty. Pretty and functional do not always go hand in hand. A visible line will cancel out pretty every time. Keep the fanciness at home.
- If you see or feel any bulging, bumps or lines, we can see them too. Go change.
Did I miss anything guys? Please share any tips you have picked up along the way.